Exercise for Children: Ages 5 – 12
Part of the proceeds from the sale of Kidz™ products are allocated toward the funding of scholarships for children and teachers globally.
As children develop, so too does their need for movement exercises. The utilisation of movement is an essential growth building block for children, which forms the foundation of the neurological system. Ageless Grace for KIDZ™ provides children with the opportunity to perform those necessary movements for skill development in a fun and playful manner.
The 21 movement patterns performed by Ageless Grace for KIDZ™ help children develop and refine:
- Bilateral integration skills
- Hand-eye coordination
- Sensory processing skills
Ageless Grace ® have released a DVD “Ageless Grace for KIDZ ™“ It is based on the science of neuroplasticity. It is a seated fitness programme that activates all five functions of the brain and helps with the development of 21 different functional body skills, including balance, coordination, multi-skilling and the ability to respond, react and recover. Additionally, spinal flexibility, muscle mass, eye-hand coordination and dexterity will all be enhanced.
Developed by fitness professional Denise Medved, the programme is being taught throughout the world and is functionally developmental for children. And for parents, teachers, guardians and grandparents, it can prevent physical and mental decline, and restore youthful functionality!
This programme is specifically designed to be done in a chair to work the entire core of the body, which includes major organs, as well as the respiratory, digestive and lymphatic systems. It is excellent for children of all ages, sizes and abilities, and is particularly beneficial for those who are overweight, those with special needs ADD and ADHD, MS or other physical and mental challenges. It is easily adaptable to the classroom setting.
Denise Medved said that “while the programme is being taught in many schools already, we are now intentionally launching a specific exercise programme for Kidz ™ that can be taught in school classrooms, offered through after-school programmes, and practiced easily at home” The DVD is aimed at children of all ages, using original music that is playful, fun, engaging and creative.
This exercise programme for Kidz™ addresses a huge and critical issue affecting our world’s children – the dramatic decline of physical fitness and the potential for severe limitations in physical and mental functionality due to:
- Rising childhood obesity, dramatic cuts in physical education programmes in public and private schools and inactivity of children due to over-dedication to computers and video games, texting and television.
- Obesity affects more than one out of six of all children and adolescents in the
United States – triple the rate from one generation ago. One-third of all children are
considered overweight in the United States.
- Currently, only five states require physical education every year from kindergarten through to 12th grade and no federal law requires PE to be offered.
- Forty-eight states have their own standard for physical education, but only two-thirds of them require local districts to comply with them – according to a 2010 report by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education.
- Children 8 – 18 years of age spend an average of 7.5 hours a day using entertainment media, including TV, computers, video games, cell phones, and movies. Of those 7.5 hours, about 4.5 hours is dedicated to viewing TV. 83% of children from 6 months to less than 6 years of age view TV or videos about 1 hour and 57 minutes a day.
In addition, a recent study followed more than 200 schoolchildren, starting from first through third grade, for nine years. Some received physical education five days a week, plus extra training in motor-physical skills such as balance and co-ordination. Others in the control group received usual levels of physical education. 96% of students in the intervention group achieved grades that made them eligible to advance to upper-secondary school, compared with 89% of students in the control group. This difference was especially evident among boys. The study also found that in ninth grade, 93% of students in the intervention group had good physical motor skills, compared with 53% of students in the control group.
Ageless Grace ® for KidZ! ™ is uniquely poised to address this critical issue. The program will provide classroom teachers, as well as parents, grandparents and other caretakers with the tools they need to introduce easily and playfully physical activity into the classroom, while also contributing to peak brain function.
According to the founder and creator of this programme, Denise Medved:
“The vision of Ageless Grace, LLC is to CHANGE THE MODEL OF AGING in the World, beginning with our own children. They can learn early in life that movement creates and maintains functionality – and the first three letters of functionality spell FUN”