Fitness teachers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, personal trainers, school teachers, dancing teachers, fitness & wellness professionals would you like to add another form of exercise to your curriculum vitae or do you want to supplement your income?
ATTENTION fitness teachers, personal trainers, and all fitness and wellness professional! We have great news for you. You CAN make money doing what you love. It’s a simple matter of knowing how to market your classes and teaching classes that aren’t as physically strenuous to supplement your income.
The love, compassion and PASSION of those in the fitness field is powerful – and valuable. And it is important, for fitness teachers and educators to received equal value for the life-enhancing work they are doing in the world. So we need to talk about MONEY, the 5 – letter word that scares most of us, since we (thankfully) tend to come from our hearts and not from our heads.
Ageless Grace ® was born out of experience and passion for the health and wellness industry by Creator and Founder of Ageless Grace ®, Denise Medved. This passion has given Denise the tools to create a worldwide brain-body fitness programme, based on the cutting-edge science of neuroplasticity. This form of exercise activates all 5 functions of the brain and addresses all 21 physical skills necessary for optimal function.
Not only is it simple to practice – it is simple to teach.
This fitness programme has been launched throughout the USA and in 11 countries around the globe thus far.
Tips on how to increase your weekly/monthly income:
- Look at how many classes or one-on-ones you are offering now, the times of day you are offering them and the geographic location. Look around the area and see if there are other possible places to teach nearby – so you aren’t driving all over town. Approach them with a free demonstration of what you teach, invite the staff and the members, residents or potential students so both populations can experience personally what you have to offer. Give the free demonstration at the time of day you would be able to offer 0n-going classes. Then propose that you have an opening in your schedule and are in the neighbourhood and would they be interested in having you teach on that day and that time.
- In addition to your classes, be sure that you have a FEW (choose 3 – 4 maximum) too many items are overwhelming to your students), products for sale that are related to the programs you are teaching (i.e. DVDs, Playbook, Flash Cards, etc.) Mention you have them for sale. Your students who are loyal to you will want what you have to offer and what YOU are using.
- Every week give two or three free demos at local fitness clubs, Garden Clubs, Organisations, colleges, health fairs, gyms, retirement villages, schools, etc. Demonstrations are best because people can see and feel what you are offering and can choose to want more of it.
- Have three or four workshops at your fingertips that you can offer during weeks or months when your income is lower than usual due to class attendance being low (winter months, flu season, vacation and holiday times). Make sure you have a great email list of all your students and folks who have attended your program offerings even once, and that you are active on social media so you can invite people who are and are NOT your students currently to 1 – 2 hour workshops that are simple and easy for you to offer on specific topics that are microcosms of your classes or focus on one specific point of interest to your students(i.e. Strengthening the bones or upper body, increasing brain function through physical movement).
- Diversity in your class offerings. If you teach a high intensity programme, then you are likely physically limited as to how many hours a week you can teach. Look to become certified in other programs that are less demanding on the body – yet of great interest to the public.
- You want to reach other markets than those you are reaching now – other age groups, and those with other interests and needs in order to expand your fitness business.
- I am an advocate of Ageless Grace ® Smart Moves which is specifically designed to focus on baby boomers (the largest population in the World) and Smart Moves for the KIDZ™ – the next largest population in the world. From a marketing point of view, your possible reach into these markets is almost unlimited – and seniors and children exist in almost every size city in the world in great abundance.
- This programme was designed so that anyone can simply and easily teach it regardless of your fitness background – and while healthy adults and children want to practice brain fitness for preventative measures, anyone can practice it for developmental or restorative reasons as well (including special populations like those with joint replacements, dementia, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, MS, autism, stroke and cancer survivors, ADD and ADHD, etc.) – which makes it possible to market it to many different audiences.