During these times of uncertainty and stress, it is easy to give in to the anxiety that surrounds us. But it is very important to lose sight of what is important, which is to keep not only the mind active but your body moving too.
Leading a sedentary lifestyle destroys one’s emotional and mental wellbeing. People who do not exercise are at higher risk when it comes to cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, to name but a few. Little to no physical activity can also make arthritis symptoms worse, can increase lower-back pain and can also lead to depression and anxiety.
The Ageless Grace Brain & Body Health programme is based on consciously choosing to change the brain through physical movements that fired neurons and developed neural pathways from birth to mid-teens. All 21 Simple Tools for lifelong comfort and ease can be practised by anyone of any age or ability.
Low to moderate exercise, not only benefits your heart function, balance ability, muscle memory, lungs and bone density. Research shows that brain function improves significantly, and can slow down the ageing process on a cellular level,
We have therefore shared my top 10 tips on how to stay fit and healthy no matter what life throws your way:
- Stress is a killer and is the number one reason for weight gain. Ensure you take time out of your days to consciously de-stress where possible and make a concerted effort to eliminate things that stress you out, for good.
- Get outside, smell the flowers, listen to the birds singing outside your window. Just move. Even if for 10 minutes a day.
Tip # 2: Eat Food Made With Love
- It is vital that you nourish your body with nutritious whole and natural foods. So make sure you eat food made with LOVE! By this, we mean cooking food from scratch and being totally connected with the food that you are cooking, and consuming.
- Stay clear of processed or deep-fried foods which are mass-produced, full of artificial ingredients and almost always laden with too much salt. A tip would be to eat if you have a function to attend, as this will curb your temptations to tuck into fatty foods you wouldn’t normally eat.
- Research has shown that a person can consume up to 3,000 calories in one sitting, which is more than the recommended daily calorie intake of a grown man! So think before you tuck in and stop eating before you are full.
Tip # 4: Get Quality Sleep
- Sleep deprivation plays havoc with your body and your weight.
- If you love a little tipple in the evening, set yourself a curfew and then switch to water, to ensure that by the time your head hits the pillow, you are re-hydrated.
Tip # 5: Don’t Skip Work-Outs
- As hard as it is, ensure you prioritise your daily Ageless Grace workouts, regardless of your party calendar.
- If you cannot find the motivation to keep up the momentum of working out, reach out to Deborah Nicholls who will talk you through your barriers. Deborah will ensure you keep yourself motivated and accountable.
- Keeping a Gratitude Journal is a wonderful way to remind ourselves what incredible things are present in our lives rather than focusing on things we may not have.
- Gratitude has gained a lot of attention in the field of positive psychology and is a perfect way to “rewire” our brains.
Tip # 7: HYDRATE Yourself
- Make sure you drink 6-8 glasses of water every day.
- As our bodies are made up of 70% water, it is a no-brainer that we need to hydrate regularly and often; especially after exercising.
Tip # 8: Detox Where Possible
- Seek assistance from a qualified Dietitian that can put you on a low-calorie healthy eating plan where you can focus on clean-eating for at least 5-6 days of the week, to flush out toxins and to get your body back to its normal state.
- If you do smoke, start working on a program where you can begin to cut-down and eventually stop completely.
- Cut-down on alcohol consumption; where possible.
- Juicing is a fast and easy way to get nutrients and an immune system boosting goodness into your body!
- Other great benefits of juicing is that it assists with digestion, keeps colds at bay, is great for your skin, and it rehydrates the body.
- Some of our favourite super-fruits are: Watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, citrus fruits, bananas, acai fruit, kiwi, avocado, to name a few.
- Experiment with different fruity flavours, and enjoy the benefits of adding fresh juices to your life!
Tip # 10: Be Kind To Yourself
- This is such an important step in staying fit and healthy. When we berate, blame or criticise ourselves, it manifests more stress, anxiety and hormonal imbalances, which will affect us emotionally and physically.
- Self-preservation and self-love is so important, so start to create a positive flow around you wherever you can so that it becomes a natural process eventually.
As mentioned before, during uncertain times, we lose sight of what is important. Spending quality time with quality people is what life is all about. But in the same breath, it is equally as important to carve out time for yourselves every day, where you nurture your own body and mind by staying fit and healthy. You can have the best of both worlds, you just need to be mindful and wise about your choices.
To find out more about how Ageless Grace can change your life, do get in touch.
Love & Light x